Rachael | Writer, Designer and Ethical Business Consultant | Spending time outside, meeting people that are different than me, dancing, reading, and creating! | Denver, CO, USA
Facebook: Messages From Her
1) THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO YOU IN THE PAST 12 MONTHS?
I finished and launched my first book, Messages From Her! It was a long time coming, and I’m proud of myself that I finished it and that I’m actually now doing the work to get it into the world.
2) THE WORST THING THAT HAPPENED TO YOU IN THE PAST 12 MONTHS?
The worst thing that happened to me in the last year is the extra toll that we’ve all been under around Covid restrictions and how I miss easily seeing the people that I love. I’ve also had a challenge with the level of division that seems to be a constant in the world these last couple years.
3) YOUR BIGGEST WISH FOR THE NEAR FUTURE? My greatest wish for myself in the near future is an increase in both my relaxation and my adventuring! I’ve been working a ton lately and am craving a sense of freedom, but also R&R.
4) YOUR BIGGEST WORRY FOR THE NEAR FUTURE? My biggest worry for the near future is related to everything that is going on in the outer world - war, famine, division, environmental challenges. It’s a big time that we’re all living through.
5) A CONTEMPORARY WOMAN YOU CURRENTLY ADMIRE? I am currently admiring Jane Goodall. She has been working diligently for the benefit of others, animals, and the environment for so long and she is still full of gentle gems of wisdom. 6) A ONE-SENTENCE MESSAGE TO OTHER WOMEN?
I would encourage women to fully celebrate other women - look at their lives as what’s really possible and know that all of the amazing qualities you see outside of yourself are completely within you.
THE WORLD HAS BEEN CHANGING DRAMATICALLY IN RECENT TIMES:
7) HOW ARE YOU COPING?
I am coping well all things considered, but I I notice I need to slow down to process some of the emotions I’m having about everything going on in the world more frequently. If I don’t slow down for a good cry here and there it can start to really weigh me down.
8) WHICH CHANGE OR EVENT HAS AFFECTED YOU THE MOST / HAD THE BIGGEST IMPACT ON YOU PERSONALLY?
Everything going on in the world personally effects me emotionally, but the closest to home issue is fires. There have been a lot of fires around me in the last year and they really impact my health and ability to breathe when they’re happening.
9) WHAT ARE YOU THE MOST CONCERNED ABOUT AT THIS TIME?
I can’t say that I have a greatest concern, because they all feel pretty hefty these days, but sometimes my concern about what’s going to happen to people in certain parts of the world when global warming becomes worse can really worry me.