Nuzhat | Entrepreneur | Co-founder of Czar Air Charters | Owner of a multi-purpose disinfectant brand, Shudh Goli | Travel, Music & Cooking | Mumbai | India
1) THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO YOU IN THE PAST 12 MONTHS??
I started my business venture, Shudh Goli. Also during the lockdown, I got to spend time with my family and I was able to travel with them. We re-connected with nature.
2) THE WORST THING THAT HAPPENED TO YOU IN THE PAST 12 MONTHS?
The lockdown affected Czar Air Charters badly. I had to give up my office space as I had no certainty when the lockdown would open and I was not in a position to take any more financial impact.
3) YOUR BIGGEST WISH FOR THE NEAR FUTURE?
To work harder than I did yesterday as I want to build my skillset every day.
4) YOUR BIGGEST WORRY FOR THE NEAR FUTURE?
India’s GDP contracted by 7.5% between July and September, compared to the same quarter a year before. I am worried for the economy of our nation and I hope it picks up soon as this is affecting many local workers and small businesses.
5) A CONTEMPORARY WOMAN YOU CURRENTLY ADMIRE?
Kamala Harris, Priyanka Chopra. Both of them have pride in their culture and I admire the conviction they have to take that pride to a global pedestal and make the audience believe.
6) A ONE -SENTENCE MESSAGE TO OTHER WOMEN
Face yourself and be secure in your skin. Be independent and make your own money.
A few more questions about the current situation (Covid-19, lockdown, black lives matter protests, politics, finances, mental health, health, and so much more):
7) THE WORLD HAS BEEN CHANGING DRAMATICALLY IN RECENT MONTHS, HOW ARE YOU COPING?
One step at a time, figuring it out, evolving and adapting all the time, embracing the change
8) WHICH CHANGE HAS AFFECTED YOU THE MOST / HAD THE BIGGEST IMPACT ON YOU PERSONALLY?
During the pandemic, amidst promoting my business, going out of town and working hard on both my brands. I had a personal upheaval in my life that caused me to have a mental breakdown and I wanted to give up on everything but I realise that being an independent woman entrepreneur is tough. I pushed myself because I realise that I have to face these problems head-on and set an example for others as well.
9) WHAT ARE YOU CONCERNED ABOUT THE MOST?
Health, wealth and well being of my parents