Nina | Talent Agent and Dope Black Mum | Mental Health | Abuse Survivors | Safeguarding Children | Representation in the Arts | Dyslexic Advantage| London, UK
1) THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO YOU IN THE PAST 12 MONTHS?
Having time and space during the pandemic to reflect and appreciate what is important to me, spending present time with my children and husband, prioritising my personal growth and giving every aspect of my life an MOT.
2) THE WORST THING THAT HAPPENED TO YOU IN THE PAST 12 MONTHS?
My 4-year-old nephew being racially abused and attacked.
3) YOUR BIGGEST WISH FOR THE NEAR FUTURE?
For everyone to be able to unpack their childhood trauma and be free!!
4) YOUR BIGGEST WORRY FOR THE NEAR FUTURE?
That we won’t learn from our mistakes and therefore never progress.
5) A CONTEMPORARY WOMAN YOU CURRENTLY ADMIRE?
Michaela Coel. I admire her for telling the truth, I respect her as a survivor, I admire her for opening up herself and creating material based on her trauma and I admire her for sticking to her morals when negotiating artistic rights for her work.
6) A ONE-SENTENCE MESSAGE TO OTHER WOMEN?
You don’t need a permission slip, you deserve to be in every room unashamedly.
7) THE WORLD HAS BEEN CHANGING DRAMATICALLY IN RECENT MONTHS, HOW ARE YOU COPING?
I am continuing to lean on a few trusted friends to offload, I am prioritising my mental health, my personal development, and my time, whilst reminding myself to be grateful of everything I have every single day.