Cesy | Political artist, filmmaker and coach | Working with people, feminist, creating new and radical visions | Pony girl | Mum of 2 | Berlin, Germany
1) THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO YOU IN THE PAST 12 MONTHS? Having the courage to take ideas to action and to found the "Radikale Töchter" (radical daughters) together with Katharina Haverich.
It is a blessing working with my girlz (Kathy, Josi, Nina and Hannah) on art, activism, political education and trying to create change every day.
2) THE WORST THING THAT HAPPENED TO YOU IN THE PAST 12 MONTHS?
Learning, that no matter how hard you have been trying - sometimes you just have to let go.
And it hurts.
Photo by Meike Kenn
3) YOUR BIGGEST WISH FOR THE NEAR FUTURE? If I had one free wish from a fairy it would be:
1. (World): No human should ever suffer famine again.
Humans starving in a society of abundance is the biggest humanitarian crime.
2. (Personal): The perfect balance between: best mum my kids could ever wish for, great change maker, radical artist and filmmaker, courageous and loving person.
4) YOUR BIGGEST WORRY FOR THE NEAR FUTURE?
I am concerned about a world wide depression which will hit the poorest countries the hardest, leading to severe famine and hopelessness. In Germany I fear, that a large unemployment number could lead to a rise in national populism and racism and even stricter laws of immigration. . . 5) A CONTEMPORARY WOMAN YOU CURRENTLY ADMIRE? I just read the book "The Choice" by Dr. Edith Eva Eger. Auschwitz surviver with an amazing life story.
She works as a psychologist and found a way to turn her suffering and horror into a benefit for others.
The book is about true freedom, forgiveness, taking responsibility for your life and you actions.
6) A ONE-SENTENCE MESSAGE TO OTHER WOMEN?
Don’t waste your time on wanting to be loved by everybody, if you want to move the world with your ideas, vision and voice, there will be haters - lose the doubts and rock on!
A few more questions about the current situation (covid-19, lockdown, black lives matter protests, politics, finances, mental health, health, and so much more):
7) THE WORLD HAS BEEN CHANGING DRAMATICALLY IN RECENT MONTHS, HOW ARE YOU COPING? Since school and kindergarten are back on I feel like a new person. ;-)
. 8) WHICH CHANGE HAS AFFECTED YOU THE MOST / HAD THE BIGGEST IMPACT ON YOU PERSONALLY? The German government took very little care of families and the difficulties they had to tackle. (Work, care work, homeschooling). This also had a big impact on me and many mothers in my community especially with small kids. If felt like a major step back because mostly mothers took care of care work, homeschooling and care of relatives while the dads (full time job) concentrated on work.
. 9) WHAT ARE YOU CONCERNED ABOUT THE MOST? Same as 4)
Photo by Meike Kenn